FurHatWorld.com Frequently Asked Questions
How can I clean my fur product?- Spot cleaning with soap and warm water works great for small stains and smells.
- Fur cleaning can be a very difficult process as fur is very valuable and precious. Spot cleaning with soap and warm water works great for small stains and smells. Larger stains and heavier cleaning requirements may need to be done by a professional. Any local furrier who deals with fur products or a local dry cleaner who is familiar with fur cleaning will work. Fur should not be machine dried and should only be air dried.
Will my fur get damaged if it comes in contact with water or rain?- Light rain or snow will not harm your fur.
- Fur merchandise is meant to withstand winter weather such as snow or sleet, but should not be exposed to heavy rain fall and should not be submerged in water. Light rain or snow will not harm your fur, damp fur can be air dried to restore its natural beauty.
What size of fur hat/coat should I order?- Visit the product page of the item you wish to order and on the page there will be a hat or coat sizing chart.
- If you are unsure about sizing on a specific item you would like to order, visit the product page of the item you wish to order and on the page there will be a “hat sizing chart”. This chart will explain how to measure yourself to get the right size.
Which fur type is the warmest?- Long haired beaver and sheepskin are known to be two of the warmest fur types available.
- Fur is one of the warmest insulators known and it is highly used for winter wear. Certain fur types are warmer than others, those mainly being long haired beaver and sheepskin, however, any fur is extremely warm and will keep you toasty warm during those cold winter months.
What is the difference between something that is sheared and something that is not?- Shearing fur removes the long hairs from the fur which portrays the extremely soft underfur of the animal.
- “Shearing” is a process certain furs go through to give it a different look. Shearing fur removes the long hairs from the fur which portrays the extremely soft underfur of the animal. The most commonly sheared furs are beaver and mink because of just how soft their underfur is and how appealing this is in fur products.
Do you do custom sizing?Contact us to find out about custom sizing on a specific item.
- Custom sizing is only available on a select few items. Please call our customer support line or send us an email to ask if an item you wish to order is available for custom sizing.
What is your return/exchange policy in case I need to return an item?We have a 15 day hassle free return policy. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may contact us within 15 days to return the product and receive a refund for the full product price.
- We have a 15 day hassle free return policy. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may contact us within 15 days to return the product and receive a refund for the full product price.
We can do exchanges but because of the delay in return shipping you may have to wait 2-3 weeks before the exchange hat can be shipping out to you. We do suggest placing a new order so you can receive the hat faster. If an exchange order is placed to replace an original order, standard shipping on the original item will be transfered to compensate for your new order shipping costs!
NOTE: Please make sure you contact us prior to shipping to avoid restocking fees and any other problems you may endure during the return process. All items must be in unworn, unused condition with the tags still applied unless customer service has said otherwise.
I am buying a hat for a gift and do not wish for the receipt to be in the box, is this possible?The only thing inside the box will be the merchandise you have ordered and a packing slip to tell you exactly what is inside the box.
- Yes, we understand that majority of our fur merchandise are bought for gifts during the winter season, and that is why we offer paperless invoicing. When you place an order you will be asked for an email address, this is where your invoice will be sent rather than in the box. The only thing inside the box will be the merchandise you have ordered and a packing slip to tell you exactly what is inside the box, there will be no pricing information inside!