3:00 pm on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
Not only will a fur hat keep your head warm on the coldest of days but you will also look great while wearing it. Fur hats are a fun winter accessory that will spice up your outfit. With so many styles and designs to choose from you can have a fur hat for any occasion, from the Zhivago hat, perfect for a high fashion look or the Trapper hat which is ideal to wear for outdoor activities such as ice skating. Here are some pointers that will help you choose the perfect fur hat that will satisfy both your needs and wants,
Choose a Hat Type
When thinking about buying a hat it is important to think about where you plan on wearing it and what it’s main function will be. Some fur hats are perfect for leisure activities and offer a casual look and feel, other fur hats are dressier and intended more for fashion use. It is important to choose a hat that will meet your specifications.
Russian Style Fur Hat
- A Russian Style Fur hat is a traditional hat that originated in Russia known for its ear flaps
- This style of hat is extremely warm and was originally designed to handle to cold Russian winters. If it can keep someone warm during the winter in Russia it can keep anyone warm.
- The Russian hat features a flat top
- By wearing the ear flaps down you are able to protect your ears, chin and top of the neck from the cold.
- Tie the ear flaps up on more mild days
- All Russian hats feature either a string or a buckle at the bottom of the ear flaps, these can be used if you choose to tie the flaps up or tie them underneath your chin. The hat generally features a traditional tie or in more modern designs a buckle.
Trooper Fur Hats
- A Trooper hat features a very similar design to the Russian hat, it has the ear flaps that can be worn down or up and has a flat top.
- The trooper fur hat has a fur lined interior with an exterior that is not fur, generally leather or suede exterior.
- Generally feature a tie at the bottom of the ear flaps rather than a buckle strap.
Aviator Fur Hats
- The Aviator Fur Hat is one of the most popular styles of fur hats on the market. This type of fur hat is also the most casual style out of all the fur hats, which may explain its popularity.
- This style hat features a rounded top instead of a flat one that is seen on the Russian and Trooper style hats.
- Features a fur interior on the front and side flaps but generally has a quilted lining on the inside of the hat. The exterior of an aviator hat is most popularly seen in a taslon exterior but it was traditionally made from leather.
- Since the Aviator hat is a casual hat it generally features a buckle strap at the bottom. The metal buckle allows for you to securely wear the ear flaps up or down.
- The Aviator hat is ideal for outdoor activities. Perfect for activities such as ice skating or tobogganing because it is casual and features a durable exterior.
Russian Cossack Style Fur Hats
- The Russian Cossack Fur Hat is one of the classiest of the fur hats. It is perfect for that refined gentleman who enjoys wearing hats whenever he goes out.
- This design of hat features a brim that goes all around the hat, usually about 3 inches thick.
- The top of the hat is indented in the middle, creating a very classic look that is perfect for a dressier look.
- A good Cossack hat will have ear flaps that can be tucked in to the inside of the hat but worn down when you need a little extra warmth.
- The Coonskin Cap is better known as the “Davy Crockett Hat” which originated in the 18th century.
- A Coonskin Cap features a flat top hat with a full fur exterior and the essential genuine fur tail in the back.
- Traditionally seen in raccoon fur but over the years the concept of the hat has been modified and has been seen featuring everything from Red Fox Fur to Coyote Fur.
- A quality Coonskin Cap should include retractable ear flaps that can be tucked inside the hat
Zhivago Pill Box Fur Hats
- The Zhivago Pill Box Fur Hat is the most stylish and high fashion of the fur hats. Women often pair this hat with a fancier outfit and it makes for the perfect accessory.
- Very flattering style and makes your face look delicate and attractive
- Oversized shape gives off a one of a kind look that is unique to this specific design.
- The exterior of a Zhivago Pill Box Fur hat is always fur, often a luxurious, longer fur like Fox. The interior of a top quality hat will be lined with soft satin for ultimate comfort.
- The roller hat features a rounded brim that is always made from fur. Materials used on the top of the hats ranges from leather, to suede to fur.
- The top of the hat is also rounded and fits snug against your head
- This hat is a classic hat that is perfect to dress up. It offers a stylish and elegant look.
- Pair it with a pea coat for a stroll in the park, shopping at boutique stores or attending a winter outdoor event.
Consider the Fur Type
Fur type is very important when choosing a fur hat. Furs range in price so your budget can often be a factor in what type of fur you decide on. Texture and warmth is also another major factor, some furs are extremely long and soft and others are shorter with a velvety feel. Think about what textures you like and what style you are going for.
- Rabbit fur is soft and warm
- It is noted for being an inexpensive fur
- Rabbit generally has a medium length guard hair and it comes in a variety of natural colors
- Generally not as durable as other furs
- The texture is silky and the color should be uniform throughout
- Shearling Sheepkin is a natural sheepskin that has been sheared while the leather side has been sueded.
- One of the warmest furs on the market, you will surely stay warm with as Shearling Sheepskin hat.
- Sheepskin has natural fibers that help regulate body temperature, this means you will never overheat in this hat.
- Mouton lamb is sheared sheepskin. The hair is straightened, treated, and set to make a soft, water-repellent, close fur
- Sometimes the fur may be dyed black or brown to imitate Alaska or northern fur seal or beaver.
- It may also be dyed other colors, although the natural color is generally off-white.
- This type of fur is extremely warm
- Mouton Sheepskin is very soft so you will feel comfortable while wearing it
- Mink is a very soft fur that feel luxurious to the touch
- The guard hairs should be silky and even in length but the underfur should be more dense and compact
- It is a durable fur that can last for many years if it cared for properly.
- Mink should have a naturally lustrous sheen
- Generally more expensive but it is a higher end fur
Natural Beaver Fur
- Beaver fur is shiny, with coarse guard hair and soft, very thick underfur.
- Beaver comes in a wide array of natural colors, from dark brown, to black to light brown.
- Natural beaver provides for a more rugged look and look good on men’s fur hats due to their rugged look.
- This is a very resilient and durable fur
- Shared Beaver is plucked and sheared to create a velvety soft pile
- The feel of this fur is extremely soft and a Sheared Beaver hat is exceptionally warm, it is one of the warmest furs around.
- Sheared Beaver has been known to mat when wet
- This fur does require care and once-a-year cleaning
- Muskrat fur is extremely versatile and can be used in many different ways. This type of fur can be dyed to resemble other furs such as mink or plucked and sheared to look like beaver.
- Muskrat fur is generally dark brown or black
- The fur has glossy soft guard hairs and a short, dense undercoat
- Coyote fur is long and dense and will keep you warm if worn as a hat
- Its color is usually pale grey or tan with a thick, pale underfur
- Coyote fur is durable so it is perfect for extreme weather conditions
- If you are looking for an exotic, luxurious look then coyote is the perfect choice
- Raccoon fur has body guard hairs that are long
- Raccoon fur can be very resilient if cared for properly and could last for many years.
- The fur is silver in color with black tips and the grey sides shade to black along the middle of the back
- This fur is soft and lush, which gives off a luxurious look
- Fox Fur comes in a wide range of natural colors, more than any other fur. Colors include silver, crystal, red, grey and white.
- This fur is very long and soft, it is very luxurious to wear and you will feel absolute comfort wearing a hat made out of this fur.
- Regular brushing will help keep the fur fluffy and full
- Fox Fur gives any hat a more classy and fashionable look; it is usually featured on dressier hats.
- Faux Fur is a synthetic fur that does not come from a living animal
- Faux Fur is designed to resemble any animal and often it can be difficult to tell the difference
- This type of fur is low maintenance and does not require any special storage
- Faux Fur is not as warm as natural fur and it as not as breathable as fur from an animal.
10:19 am on Thursday, May 9th, 2013
May 10th marks the highly anticipated release of the film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s American classic The Great Gatsby.
The book/movie takes place in the 1920′s and fashion during that time was all about glitz and glamor. The 1920′s paved the way for many of the fur fashion trends seen today and the looks included everything from fur coats to collars to hats.
The fur fashion blog Fur Insider posted an article about 1920′s fur fashion and give readers a unqiue glimpse in to what women of that time enjoyed to wear.
10:17 am on Wednesday, April 17th, 2013
Fur has made a major comeback in the fashion world and celebrities are taking notice when it comes to their fashion choices. Not only do they recognize the fashion forward and glamorous aspect of fur but they also enjoy the benefits fur offers when it comes to staying warm.
10:41 am on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013
Mail Online posted a very interesting article regarding fur, they discuss the use of fur in designer garments and its growing popularity. The article features comments from the International Fur Trade Federation, British Fur Trade Association and Kopenhagen Fur.
Check out an excerpt from the article,
Not so long ago, it was more acceptable to smoke next to a baby than it was to sport a coat made from fox, mink or chinchilla. Such was public disgust, those who did venture out in a pelt were likely to find themselves deluged with red paint.
But how times have changed. Once taboo, fur is now a regular sight on the catwalk, with labels such as Armani, Temperley and Vionnet using it in their collections.
At the Cheltenham Festival last week, race-goers turned up swathed in expensive mink and raccoon coats, while on the red carpet, A-listers such as Kate Moss and Rihanna are as happy to strike a pose in a fur as they are in lace. So what does that mean for the rest of us? Is fur now OK to wear?
10:26 am on Friday, March 15th, 2013
[vc_row el_position="first"] [vc_column el_class="less-margin-image" width="1/2"] [vc_column_text el_position="first last"]
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [vc_column el_class="less-margin-image" width="1/2"] [vc_column_text el_position="first last"]
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [/vc_row] [vc_row el_position="last"] [vc_column] [vc_column_text el_position="first last"]
The Cheltenham horse racing festival took place this week and thanks to the cold snap in the U.K many women who attended the races turned to fur to stay warm and look fashionable. One of my favorite fur fashion websites wearefur.com posted several photos of the women who decided to sport fur coats and accessories at the festival and needless to say they looked absolutely fabulous!
One picture that caught my eye was of two women wearing colored fur hats (top left). Colored fur is a fun trend that immediately adds flair to any outfit you pair it with. We offer a large selection of colored fur and it is without a doubt one of my favorite trends! Our purple fox fur headband is almost identical in color to the lady on the right hand side of the picture. As you can see it looks absolutely stunning paired with a black coat. If purple isn’t quite your color not to worry, you can view our many other options of colored fur right here!
In other fur news;
Last week we featured Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton in our blog for wearing a classic fur collar, this week her sister Pippa followed suit with an elegant yet trendy brown fur hat. Pippa’s hat looked perfect with her yellow pea coat, it proved to be the perfect accessory!
We could not let the Cheltenham horse racing festival pass without paying homage to the beautiful ladies in their gorgeous fur, well done ladies, well done!
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [/vc_row]
10:43 am on Friday, March 8th, 2013
Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton attended the wedding of professional polo player Mark Tomlinson and Laura Bechtolsheimer this week with Prince William and Harry.
William was an usher at the wedding so his younger brother Harry was Kate’s escort for the day.
Kate, who is expecting to give birth in July, wore a printed MaxMara Studio dress under an elegant cream colored coat with a Lock and Company Pillbox hat. The accessory that caught our eye right away was of course her chic fur collar similar to our Black Fox Large Detachable Collar or our Black Fox Fur Headband that doubles as a collar. This collar instantly adds a touch of glamor to Kate’s neutral and classy outfit.
There is no denying that Kate Middleton always gets it right when it comes to fashion, she can do no wrong! One of the reasons why we love Kate and women over the world find her so relatable is because her look is something the everyday woman can achieve. A fur collar paired with a coat is something any woman can do to add elegance to her look.
We carry a wide variety of large detachable collars, so if you prefer more of a statement piece rather than a complementary one then our large detachable collars are perfect for you. If you like the look of Kate’s collar and the subtle simplicity of it then our Fox Fur Collars (that can also be worn as headbands) are exactly what you are looking for. Our Fox Fur Collars come in a wide array of colors, from black to bright red the choice is yours!
10:21 am on Friday, March 1st, 2013
[vc_row el_position="first last"] [vc_column width="1/4"] [vc_column_text el_position="first last"]
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [vc_column width="3/4"] [vc_column_text el_position="first last"]
World famous pop diva’s Cher and Fergie were spotted shopping arm in arm this week in Paris, France.
Fergie kept warm while looking like her glamorous self in a gorgeous fur coat, nothing says fabulous like a fur coat!
Cher on the other hand decided to wear her fur on her head with an over sized fur hat that looks strikingly similar to our Women’s Silver Fox Fur Russian Hat. What a way to make a style statement, with a giant fur hat! It is bold and fashion forward, just like Cher herself.
Our Women’s Silver Fox Fur Russian Hat is nothing short of spectacular and it is quite an experience to wear it, you will feel like a true diva while wearing this amazing hat.
If you want to make a statement when you go out this winter this hat is just what you need!
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [/vc_row]
10:11 am on Friday, March 1st, 2013
Take two items that are a huge style hit this season (fur and headbands), put them together and you have this gorgeous Silver Indigo Fox Fur Headband. Keeping your ears warm in the winter is a necessity, there is no way you’ll make it through with cold ears but why always settle for a hat when you can go the chic route with a headband? Headbands have returned this season with a bang and women everywhere are noticing its stylish potential.
We carry a wide variety of fur headbands at FurHatWorld, varying in color, design and fur, the options are endless. No matter what your style, whether you prefer a bold look or something more subtle you will definitely find the perfect headband.
My personal favorite is our Silver Indigo Fox Fur headband because it is classic and bold all jumbled in to one fabulous accessory. Silver Indigo fur is a neutral color so it can be paired perfectly with any color. The fun thing about this headband is that it doubles as a collar so you’re essentially getting two for one. Wear it as a headband outside and change it over to a collar draped over your shoulders once you head indoors.
The Silver Indigo Fox Fur Headband is not only my favorite headband but it is also the headband of choice of many of our valued customers. Don’t believe me? check out the magnificent reviews on this headband..
Have just received the silver indigo fox fur headband. Fantastic. So warm and looks beautiful as a collar on my black leather coat. I will be ordering more soon.
Out of 5 stars
I purchased Indigo headband just before Xmas and it arrived very promptly. colour, quality and fit first class. have just ordered another.
Out of 5 stars
Awesome! Just beautiful and extremely warm. Looks really sophisticated with black coat.
Out of 5 stars
These are just a couple of the fabulous reviews that can be found on our website. To view more product reviews for the Silver Indigo Fox Fur Headband and maybe treat yourself to your very own click here!
10:55 am on Friday, February 8th, 2013
10:21 am on Friday, February 1st, 2013
Many of us have been experiencing extremely cold weather over the past couple weeks leaving people searching for ways to stay extra warm.
Fur has always been recognized as one of the warmest materials on the market and it will definitely give you that added warmth we’ve all been looking for during this cold snap. Here are some of our suggestions for fur accessories that will not only keep you extra warm but will also give you a fashion-forward, stylish look.
The Fur Hat: Fur hats have seen a dramatic increase in popularity this past season, everything from the casual Rabbit Fur Trapper Hat to the more fashion forward All Fur Zhivago Pill Box Hat. Regardless of what kind of hat catches your eye you are guaranteed to look extremely stylish. Not only will you look fabulous but you’re also sure to keep that precious head of yours nice and warm, which is the most important thing in this freezing temperature. Fur does an exceptional job of insulating so your head and ears will be kept toasty warm.
The Fur Scarf: Now that your head is warm with a fashionable fur hat it is time to think about keeping your neck warm. Nothing is worse than the feeling of cold air on the back of your neck. Our fur scarves will protect your neck from the harsh winter air. Not only are our scarves perfect for warmth but they can be worn through the spring and fall months as a fabulous accessory.
Fur Mittens: Cold hands are no fun and during this cold snap mittens are the most important accessory for staying warm. Our leather gloves with fur trim are my personal favorite but when it is obscenely cold it is time to go a level up on the warmth scale, enter the Rabbit Fur Mittens! These heavy duty mittens will keep your hands very warm on the coldest of days and give you that extra flair we often have to sacrifice once the cold weather rolls around.
Those are just a couple of our fabulous fur accessories that will give you that added warmth in sub-zero temperatures all while allowing you to look super stylish!