2:58 am on Saturday, July 13th, 2013
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_single_image image="1368" img_link_target="_self" img_size="197x247"][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_single_image image="1602" img_link_target="_self" img_size="197x247"][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_column_text]
When summer arrives it generally means that it’s time to put your heavy fur coats and hats in to storage. For some of us this is an emotional time, having to say goodbye to our beautiful furs for several months is not easy. Don’t stress too much over this because there is a way for you to still wear fur even when it’s not sub zero temperatures outside.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_toggle title="Fur Handbags" open="false"]
Fur handbags are the ultimate accessory, absolutely glamorous and chic
You’re not actually wearing this fur so your body will not be affected whatsoever by the extra warmth fur provides
There are many styles of fur handbags available, from small clutches to large totes
Fur handbags are easily accessible for purchase, no need to search high and low to get one, they are fairly easy to find
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title="Fur on your Feet" open="false"]
Heels with fur trim or detail has become a rising trend over the past year
Many top designers featured fur heels in their runway shows
This is a perfect way to still enjoy fur in the summer without overheating or looking like a crazy person wearing a fur coat in the middle of summer
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title="Fur Vest" open="false"]
There is a right way to do a fur vest in the summer and a wrong way
Don’t wear a heavy fur vest with lining and thick fur, this will only cause you to overheat
Do wear a light fur vest, a knit design is perfect because it allows for airflow
Consider a shorter fur vest over a long bulky one
Lighter colored fur looks more appealing in the summer over a heavy, dark fur that is better suited for colder weather
6:26 pm on Friday, July 12th, 2013
Kim Kardashian is a worldwide fashion icon. With various projects on the go including a clothing line with her sisters at Sears, a makeup line and several books, Kim never loses sight of her love for style.
Kim’s younger sister, Khloe, posed nude in a campaign for PETA but that hasn’t stopped Kim from wearing all her gorgeous furs.
Kim has many posts on her personal blog of her wearing fur, including this stunning full fur hat that she used in an impromtu photoshoot with her good friend Joyce Bonelli.
Kim enjoys fur in both casual and formal settings. Here she is photographed shopping in a stylish fur vest, paired with jeans and a long sleeve tee, this is an ideal combination for a day out and about.
Below we see the new mom taking a fabulous selfie looking completely glam in a fur collar, proving once again that fur is extremely versatile and can be worn both during the day and at night.
Kim K. is a fashionista at its finest and if there is one thing we can learn from her it is to be yourself and wear what you want no matter what other people say. When interviewed on the TODAY show Kim spoke about her views on wearing fur and told Ann Curry, “I believe everyone has the choice of what they want [...] It’s not illegal to buy fur,” she explained. “I think it’s a personal choice.” Regardless of her sister’s PETA campaign or the fact that she got flour bombed by an activist she still continues to enjoy the glamour and luxury of fur and for that we salute her in our style spotlight!
2:26 pm on Sunday, June 23rd, 2013
Earlier this week Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen celebrated their 27th birthday so we decided to take the opportunity to applaud their choice to wear fur loud and proud!
The famous twins looked absolutely glamorous sitting front row at the Jenni Kayne show in New York, both rocking fur in their own unique way.
Mary-Kate Olsen accentuates her emerald green coat with a stylish fur collar and ties her whole outfit together with a fabulous fur handbag. Both the fur collar and hangbag were the accessories of the season this year and Mary-Kate looks stunning wearing both pieces in the same outfit.
How divalicious does Ashley look in this lavish coat? This is glamour at its finest!
Here, Ashley wears a green fur shawl for an elegant event. This shawl is the perfect mix of tradition and trendy, it is simply magnificent.
Finally, my favorite picture of the Olsen’s in fur was for a photo shoot they did for photographer, Terry Richardson. The twins look absolutely stunning, with minimal hair and makeup, letting their fur provide them with the glamour they want.
We look forward to see what the future holds for Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen with their fur style, we are confident it will be nothing short of fabulous!
10:23 pm on Saturday, June 15th, 2013
Hip hop and fur go hand in hand, so when it comes to fashion within the rap business there is no better way to portray a lavish, over the top lifestyle than by wearing fur.
We have compiled a list of today’s top hip hop artists who wear fur. You may not know all the names on this list but regardless you will be able to appreciate their style and their love for fur.
Most of our blog posts are devoted to female fur fashion but this week we are focusing mostly on the men because these style icons know how to wear fur!
Who do you think the #1 hip hop artist who loves fur will be?
10. Big Sean
Big Sean was recently featured in British pop artist Jessie J’s video titled “Wild” sporting a sleek black fur coat. He starts off our top 10 list in style.
9. Rick Ross
Hip hops tough guy Rick Ross loves his fur and has worn fur on several of his album covers, he is known to play by his own rules and this includes ignoring the haters and wearing lavish fur.
8. Snoop Dogg
Snoop Dogg, who now goes by the name Snoop Lion, is no stranger to fur coats, he’s been seen in everything from luxurious Chinchilla to White Fox.
This Canadian born rapper often wears his fur on the trim of his hood. He even has his very own limited edition Canada Goose jacket line which features genuine Coyote fur trim hoods. It is safe to say he represents Canadian’s well.
6. Jay Z
Jay Z showed up to President Obama’s inauguration in a Mink coat, making national news. He has also worn fur pieces such as full fur Mink hats. Jay Z is a perfect example of how men can wear fur in a stylish and classy way.
5. A$AP Rocky
A$AP Rocky is part of hip hop’s up and coming artists, known as one of the most fashionable rappers and rightly so, he wears fur proudly. Check out the ultra stylish fur jacket he wore on the show 106 & Park, now that is fashion at its finest.
4. 2 Chainz
Once you move past his less than original stage name you will see that this bold and clever rapper knows how to incorporate fur in to his wardrobe, just check out his cover for The Source magazine, not very many people can rock a pelt on top of a suit.
3. Nicki Minaj
I know I said I was going to focus on men in fur this week but I just couldn’t help but to add the queen of Hip Hop, Nicki Minaj, to this list. This girl is extremely fashion forward and doesn’t care about what anyone thinks, which is why she has no problem wearing fur every once in a while. She even performed at the American Music Awards in a bolero jacket almost identical to one we carry at furhatworld.com which is why she deserves the #3 spot on our list.
This hip hop artist from Seattle, Washington made second hand stores and old Fox furs extremely popular this year with his #1 hit “Thrift Shop.” He raps in the song, “What you know about rockin’ a wolf on your noggin? What you knowin’ about wearin’ a fur fox skin?” Not only does he sing about wearing fur in his songs but he incorporates a Raccoon fur coat in to every performance. How can Macklemore not take the #2 spot on this list? The guy brought back vintage fur coats with one song!
1. Kanye West
Kanye West is not only one of the most famous hip hop artists in the world but he also has a deep love for fashion and is a man who likes to be cutting edge when it comes to style. Kanye West is often seen out in fur and even raps about it in one of his songs, he taunts animal activists by rapping “tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor”. He clearly doesn’t care what anyone else thinks when it comes to wearing his fur and that’s why we love him and chose him as our #1 spot for Top Hip Hop Artists Who Love Fur!
12:02 am on Sunday, June 9th, 2013
One of the many reasons why fur is so appealing is because it looks good and works on people at any age. Women in their 50′s can wear fur just as easily as a woman in her 20′s. Style changes and evolves with age but if a woman can figure out what types of fur trends suit her best then she will undoubtedly look amazing and fabulous.
Fur fashion blog furinsider.com recently highlighted fur trends for every age group and provided helpful hints on fur trends perfect for every age category.
Here is some of furinsider.com’s insights on fur fashion for every age,
Usually in 20s you are more adventurous with fashion which makes you unafraid of experimenting with color and silhouettes.
This age group focuses on the fun and trendy with celebrities often seen mixing fur and other bold fashion trends for an edgy look.
Your 30s are the time to be even more glamorous and daring while experimenting with your own personal style and new found confidence.
Women in their 40s can be just as sexy and stylish as their younger counterparts by mixing classics with modern chic looks and even a bit of sexy styling. The result is often sophisticated looks that have an air of maturity and comfort.
Nothing is sexier than a woman who shows her own personal style with confidence. Many women feel as if they can’t be as stylish as they were in their younger years, but as we know, age is no barrier to style.
View the FULL article of “Celebrity Fashion, Fur Style:20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and Beyond” and then check out fur fashion perfect for your age at furhatworld.com.
10:36 pm on Saturday, June 1st, 2013
It is not uncommon to see fur fashion in Hollywood movies and the latest film to incorporate fur in to their wardrobe is “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.” This film is the sequal to comedian Will Ferrell’s film “Anchorman:The Legend of Ron Burgundy” which follows California news anchor Ron Burgundy. The first film was a major hit and is a definite fan favorite when it comes to comedies.
As production continues on the film photo’s have begun to surface, giving fans a small glimpse of what they can expect in the Anchorman sequal. This week a photo emerged of lead actor Will Ferrell and supporting actress Christina Applegate strolling arm in arm wearing 70′s inspired jackets with fur trim.
This look was extremely popular in the 1970′s and it is a perfect example of how fashion simply reinvents itself, taking a look that was big in the 70′s and making it stylish again today. One of the top fashion trends this past season was fur collars, this proves that the fashion world recycles and updates certain trends to give us the modern and magnificent pieces we enjoy today.
2:20 pm on Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
- cleaning with soap and warm water works for small stains and smells
- spot clean using a moist soft cloth and cleaning solution
- start by cleaning on the outside area and work into the center in a circular motion
- use a dry cloth to apply pressure and remove excess moisture
- use wire brush to bring fur back to its original state
NOTE: If fur is too dirty to spot clean, have it cleaned by a professional fur cleaner. Any local furrier who deals with fur products or a local dry cleaner who is familiar with fur cleaning will work. Refresh your fur every so often with a glazing treatment from a local furrier. Glazing cleans the fur and also replenishes oils to maintain a furs longevity.
SUEDE & LEATHER
- cleaning with a clean dry towel works for small stains and soil
- remove stains or marks by gently rubbing them with a pencil eraser
- brush your suede with a suede brush with soft bristles with wire inserts
NOTE: Only rub suede in one direction. If suede or leather is too dirty to spot clean, have it cleaned by a professional leather cleaner.
- shake out wet or damp fur
- hang it to dry in a well ventilated room
- once dry shake it again and comb or brush fur gently if the hairs seem a little bristly
NOTE: Don’t panic if your fur gets a little wet, most furs can handle snow and light rain. If your fur has been soaked through you should immediately take it to a furrier for proper treatment. Excessive heat will cause the leather/fur pelt to harden and shrink. DO NOT tumble or force dry. Air movement while drying is recommended.
SUEDE & LEATHER
- pat dry with dry clean cloth
- hang it to dry in a well ventilated room
- use protective spray to re-coat the suede or leather product
6:53 pm on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_single_image img_link_target="_self" image="2005" img_size="197x247"][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width="1/2"][vc_single_image image="2006" img_link_target="_self" img_size="197x247"][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_column_text]
Fur Collars made a huge debut in the fashion world this season. They were seen everywhere from couture runways to fashionistas on the street. The fur collar will immediately add class and elegance to any outfit you pair it with, and there are many outfits you can pair it with
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_toggle title="Wear it with a Blazer" open="false"]
- A beautiful blazer can be worn so many ways, with jeans, with black trousers or over a pretty dress. No matter what you wear your blazer with, drape a fur collar over your shoulders to tie the whole look together.
- A fur collar over a blazer will add a unique look and perfectly complement your outfit
- Fur Collars add glamour and class to any outfit
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title="Cashmere Coat" open="false"]
- A fur collar looks elegant and classy paired with a cashmere pea coat.
- Lovely for shopping at boutiques or a leisurely stroll through the park
- Cashmere coats are classy on their own but once you add a fur collar it will bring the classiness and elegance up to a whole new level
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title="Leather Bomber" open="false"]
- For a bold and edgy look wear your fur collar with a sleek leather bomber
- A leather bomber is very rock and roll so when you add a fur collar into the mix you will look like the ultimate fashionista
- Perfect for casual daytime use, lunch with friends or running errands but it also provides a sexy night time look, wear a bomber and fur collar to a concert or when you’re out for drinks with the girls
The Difference In Length
- Fur collars come in different lengths but are most often seen in either long or short
- A long collar is generally about 40 inches. This length is extremely popular and is very versatile.
- The shorter collar is usually approx. 28 inches and provides a perfect classic vintage look. A short collar looks perfect with a peacoat, it provides added warmth and adds to the elegant look of the coat.
5:04 pm on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
When people think of Fur Shawls they often think of vintage Hollywood glamour, beautiful women in gorgeous evening gowns, draped in jewels, wearing fur around their shoulders. Fur shawls are most definitely elegant, classic, and truly timeless but recently designers have re-worked the idea of a fur shawl so that it can be worn with more than just an evening gown. Take a look at a couple suggestions on how you can wear a fur shawl.
- A shawl is absolutely perfect for formal occasions, stay warm but look truly glamorous when wrapped in a fur shawl
- A Fox Fur Stole is perfect for formal events, it’s long and luscious fur it elegant and eye-catching
- Fur Stoles are extraordinarily beautiful but they will never take away from the outfit you pair it with, rather it will subtly compliment
- Try a Stole with Swarovski Crystals to enhance your glamour
- Pair a fur stole with an elegant evening gown and you will look like you stepped off the red carpet in Hollywood
Wonderful for a Winter Wedding
- A white Fur Stole is ideal for a winter wedding
- When you don’t want to hide your beautiful dress under a jacket consider the benefits of a Fur Stole
- The Fur will keep you warm no matter what the weather
- Beautiful white Fox Fur, the most common for weddings, will nicely compliment your dress
- The perfect fur stole will add a look of timelessness to you on your special day
- Consider different color fur stoles for bridesmaids, keep them warm as they look exceptionally glamorous
Cool and Casual
- If you are looking for a fur shawl that can be worn for more than just a formal occasion consider a knit design
- Pair your shawl with a pair of jeans and some flats and you’re ready for a lovely day out and about
- A fur shawl is ideal for those inbetween days where it is not cold but not hot, it will keep you warm but you won’t overheat
- Consider a pullover style, the ultimate casual look
Simply Sophisticated Scarf
- Shawls are versatile so not only can they be worn around your shoulders but they can also double as a scarf
- With the ability to wear a piece as either a shawl or a scarf you have far more options of where you can wear it
- Perfect for sitting outside on a patio in the morning drinking a cup of coffee
Chic Cape for the Fall
- A fur trim cashmere cape is extremely chic and glamorous
- Perfect for wearing during the day while you’re out and about, pair it with a pair of trousers or jeans and some cute shoes and you’re good to go
- Try a cashmere cape for a soft feel, complimented with luscious fur and you will feel truly luxurious
- Fur trim capes come in different colors and styles, so many choices
5:01 pm on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
A fur vest is one of the most popular pieces when it comes to fur fashion. Both the fashion world and the everyday woman love the fur vest because of its versatility. There are countless ways to wear a fur vest; it will immediately add pizzazz to any outfit.
- When most people think of wearing a vest they think of wearing it casually, this is very common.
- A fur vest adds instant glamour to a pair of jeans, leather boots and a plain t-shirt. Add a chunky necklace into the mix and you’re ready to go.
- A longer vest is ideal for casual wear because it allows for added warmth, it is more like a coat.
- A fur vest is like a fur coat but with no sleeves so it is perfect to wear when you are out and about running errands on your day off. Perfect for activities where you want to stay warm but don’t want to lug around a heavy jacket. Think a date to the movies, shopping with friends or going out for lunch.
Opulent in the Office
- Office chic has never been as exciting as it has since the introduction of the fur vest.
- Pair your vest with a neutral pair of trousers and an elegant silk or chiffon blouse for a look that is to die for.
- When pairing your vest with office wear it is best to go for a shorter vest that will stop just above the hips. This allows for a cleaner look, a long vest may look too bulky and casual for this look.
- Consider a belt! Pair a sleek leather belt with your vest, wearing it at your waist to create an elegant hourglass shape.
Dressed to the Nines for a Night Out
- Stand out from the crowd when you wear a fur vest for a night out on the town.
- Pair your vest with a sleek dress, cute pumps or ankle boots and a chic clutch for a look that is drop dead gorgeous.
- Any length of fur vest is perfect for this purpose, both look equally fantastic
- Not only does your fur vest look amazing when going out at night but it is practical as well. You don’t have to carry around a coat that will constantly get in the way. A fur vest allows for warmth and mobility.