3:38 am on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013
Lady Gaga is widely known for her fashion risks, she constantly grabs people’s attention with her “out there ” style. Recently Lady Gaga released her latest single “Applause” so we thought this would be the perfect opportunity to applaud her decision to incorporate fur in to her fashion-forward, eye-catching looks.
Lady Gaga turned heads when she stepped out in this pink Hermes fur coat. Many fans were outraged that Gaga, who was once very vocal about not wearing fur, stepped out wearing such an extravagant fur coat. Lady Gaga tweeted in response to the backlash, “To those press and such who are writing about whether or not my fur is actually real, please don’t forget to credit the designer Hermes.”
Shortly after making waves in her pink fur coat Gaga once again went out in public wearing another fur coat, this time it was a more toned down grey fur coat that she wore in Bulgaria.
Once again Lady Gaga’s wardrobe choice caused chaos among animal activists and she released this statement, “I do not however support violent, abusive, and childish campaigns for ANY CAUSE. Particularly one that I respect. “Animal Rights.” I am choosing not to comment on whether or not the furs I purchase are faux fur-pile or real because I would think it hypercritical not to acknowledge the python, ostrich, cow hide, leather, lamb, alligator, “kermit” and not to mention meat, that I have already worn. This should already put me in a category as one who appreciates and adores the beauty of animals in fashion, but am not a strict vegan.”
” I have truly always stayed away from skinned fur, especially i have never been able to afford a nice one, but this does not mean my morals are rigid and that I won’t bend at the sight of an absolute art piece of a coat. I have no chains about this. You see a carcass, I see a museum pièce de résistance. But I am truly sorry to fans who are upset by this, its a fair and applaudable feeling about the health and safety of animals. I respect your views, please respect mine.”
One of the qualities Lady Gaga is most admired for is her ability to not care about what anyone else thinks, this case was no exception. She wears fur loud and proud and ignores what the critics have to say. Gaga is truly fabulous and we love her ability to view fashion as art. This week we applaud Lady Gaga for choosing to wear fur!
3:00 am on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013
The autumn and winter seasons are fast approaching and soon we will be storing away our summer clothes and pulling out our warmer pieces. As we say goodbye to warm weather we can say hello to some new and exciting fashion trends for this upcoming season. If you enjoy looking like you stepped out of a fashion magazine and are looking for some new wardrobe ideas for the cooler months here are our recommendations;
- Fur handbags began to make their way on to the fashion scene last season
- This season they are expected to make a major impact in the fashion world
- Fur handbags come in a wide variety of styles such as a standard handbag or a small clutch
- If you want to try something new when it comes to your accessories switch your leather handbag for a fur one, you’re guaranteed to turn heads
- Last season natural furs where popular but this season we will see a lot more colours
- Designers are experimenting with bright colours and patterns allowing consumers to show their true personality when it comes to wearing fur
- Coloured coats and jackets are popular and look fantastic, an instant way to catch the attention of everyone around you
- If you are shopping within a budget try incorporating coloured fur in your accessories such as headbands, scarves or cuffs
- The fur tail is an inexpensive way to incorporate fur in to your daily look
- Celebrities such as Kylie Jenner have been seen with fur tail keychains
- This is a fashionable and eye-catching everyday look
- Choose a fur tail and use it as a keychain, you will have the most talked about and high fashion keychain of them all
8:26 pm on Sunday, August 25th, 2013
Fur made a major comeback last year and it is nowhere near finished for this next season. The only major difference for the upcoming fall/winter is that designers are taking more risks with fur. We are noticing crazier colours and patterns and also seeing fur on less traditional pieces such as shoes and handbags.
Below is a Versace mink coat in a vibrant zebra print with a bright red collar. We will definitely be seeing more of this look for the upcoming seasons. Designers and consumers are taking the next step when it comes to fur coats and itching to try something new and exciting, the best way to do that? Prints of coarse!
Fur handbags made a quiet entrance on the fashion scene last year and were already worn by trendsetters such as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen but this year they are expected to be seen a lot more. High-end designers such as Chanel and Celine are embracing this beautiful and exciting trend, experimenting with colour and patterns on the fur.
We wear fur coats, hats, vests and handbags so what is stopping us from wearing fur on our feet? This season…nothing! We are starting to see fur used on heels and boots as well as fur add-on’s like the Fendi one’s seen below. This trend is definitely not an everyday type look and shouldn’t be worn in the rain or snow but it is perfect for making a fashion statement.
As you can see there are area many new and exciting fur trends for this fall/winter season so whether you prefer your fur traditional or full of patterns and colour you have many options. View our selection of coloured fur coats, fur handbags and other fur pieces at furhatworld.com.
6:37 pm on Thursday, August 8th, 2013
White fur is the most glamorous and elegant of all fur colors. Often worn by 1950′s Hollywood elite white fur is given a fabulous and chic reputation. There are many ways to wear white fur and no matter how you decide to pull it off you will look stunning doing so. Here are a couple suggestions on how to incorporate white fur in to your wardrobe;
You Fancy Huh?
- As previously mentioned, white fur was (and still is) popular among the Hollywood elite
- Try pairing a White Fox Fur Stole (like this) with an elegant evening gown to exude a rich look
- Many brides who get married in the winter choose white fur stoles to wear with their wedding dress
- A fur stole is the most glamorous way to wear white fur
White On White
- According to furinsider.com, “There is something ethereal, sublimely elegant, about combining whites and off-whites together.”
- By pairing white fur with other white or off white pieces in your wardrobe you can create a high fashion and chic look with one simple color
- Try pairing a scarf like our Rex Rabbit Fur Scarf with an off white coat for an ellegant look
- For something more casual think about pairing our Knitted Rex Rabbit Fur Cowl Scarf with an off white wool knit sweater
- White on white equals classic and you can simply and subtly incorporate white fur in to this look
- Look like a snow angel in white fur accessories
- A White Fox Fur Headband will instantly make you look like a stylish ski bunny
- Pair the headband with our Fox Fur Slap on Cuffs to complete your look
- White ear muffs are another simple way to add this look to your daily style
Fur Coat Glamour
- A white fur coat is the ultimate form of glamour
- Generally saved for special occasions
- The easiest way to turn heads wherever you go
- White fur coats similar to our Blue Fox Fur Stroller Coat have been seen on celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez
- A white fur coat is timeless and will never go out of style. It was popular decades ago and still is today.
6:28 pm on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Fur fashion blog furinsider.com recently posted an article about anti-fur groups (failed) attempt to convince people not to wear fur.
Though some of the advertisements put out by these groups may seem convincing this informative and interesting article tells us otherwise.
Even though anti-fur groups such as PETA make it seem like fur is irrelevant the fur industry is booming and sales are at an all time high.
With nearly 500 top international designers using fur in their collections, US sales nearing $1.3 billion, and global sales nearing $15 billion, it is clear that fur is still relevant in our culture. And though anti-fur groups may seem to find some…er…”stars” for their campaigns, the most well-known celebrities of our time are actively wearing fur fashion.
This article sheds a light on anti-fur campaigns and proves that organizations such as PETA are not all they’re cracked up to be. To read the full article click here!
2:36 am on Friday, July 26th, 2013
Jennifer Lopez is a worldwide fashion icon and a true diva. She is a triple threat, seeing success in her music, dance and acting. Jennifer is often featured on the best dressed lists and it’s quite obvious she knows a thing or two about fashion, this superstar is our Style Spotlight of the week!
Jennifer was featured in the latest issue of W Magazine and this photo of her in a glamorous fur coat was the talk of the town as soon as the images were released.
Take it back to the days when she was known as “Jenny From The Block”, she loved her fur even back in 2005
Here she can be seen in a Michael Kors Tartan Plaid Fur Coat, showing off her casual side but still keeping things fab.
Jennifer does not forget the ultimate fur accessory when it comes to her wardrobe, the fur collar. She adds an elegant and classy touch to her overall outfit with this simple addition.
Finally one of my personal favorite, this exquisite fur vest! Jennifer looks absolutely breathtaking in this glamorous and chic vest once again proving she is on top of her style game. She knows how to incorporate fur in to her wardrobe even as her style and career evolves, this makes her a true style icon!
6:36 pm on Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013
A mink coat is the go to coat for many women and a growing number of men. Although mink can be found in the wild all over North America and other parts of the world, most mink used for garment production is ranched. Ranched mink is superior in both quality and color and American mink is the finest in the world due to scientific breeding and rearing.
Female mink are smaller, softer and have ligher pelts than their male counterparts. More female pelts are needed to produce a garment due to the difference in pelt size. Mink can be worked in a variety of ways and every part of the skin is used.
It is a very durable fur and a good quality piece can last twenty years or more with the proper care. Prime quality skins are used natural and will wear the best. Dyed mink represents a lesser quality skin which means it won’t wear as well. Here are some terms that you may find helpful when shopping for a mink coat or other mink pieces;
Natural ranch mink
- The guard hairs should be silky and even in length
- The underfur should be dense and compact and paler in color
- The mink should have a naturally lustrous sheen.
- The guard hairs should be silky and even in length
- Color should be clear and uniform
- Price depends on the availability and popularity of colors
- At times, natural ranch mink may be more expensive.
- A coat may be made, wholly or partially, of paws, gills and tails. It may also contain other pieces of mink
- If the coat is patterned, such as to give a chevron (v-shaped pattern) effect, look for evenness of pattern and texture throughout the coat
- Pieced coats may not wear as well as whole skin coats due to the many seams
- A good pieced mink coat should be reinforced on the leather side with nylon or ribbon at points of wear
- Pieced mink coats can be very attractive and they are less expensive than natural mink coats that are let out or skin-on-skin
- This technique is comprised of many small exquisitely detailed pieces of sheared mink to give a garment the popular sculptured detail to make your garment unique
- Knittable mink fur yarn is produced by combining narrow strips of mink fur with silk or cotton yarn
- Fur yarn is now used in myriad techniques including crocheting, weaving and knitting to produce soft, cozy apparel
- Knitted mink fur garments are quite popular because they cost less than traditional, full-skin mink
- In order to determine whether you are purchasing a genuine fur garment look for overall consistent hair height and luster, density and plush under wool, blow on the fur and look at the cotton-knit base to see if the knitting is consistent and even
2:22 am on Thursday, July 18th, 2013
We always find it exciting to see our products in the media and this beer commercial is definitely no exception!
Our Trapper Hats are one of the most popular styles we carry and the faux fur hat is an excellent choice for someone who is looking for a less expensive option.
3:13 am on Sunday, July 14th, 2013
Colored fur was the trend of the season this year, we saw it on everything from handbags, to coats, to hats. Fur is known as a very traditional garment, it lasts for decades and never goes out of style so this new colorful twist has left some consumers slightly apprehensive. How can you enjoy this new colorful trend while still investing in a timeless piece?
The colorful fur coat was a hit this year
Fur coats were seen in just about every color and pattern imaginable
If you are interested in buying a fur coat and have no specific budget then I recommend going all out. Look for a coat with interesting patterns and eye-popping colors, this is super trendy but won’t be as timeless as something less “loud”
If you want a colored fur coat that will still look great season after season go for one solid color and choose something neutral that will match with many different colors. Look for fur in colors such as emerald green or royal blue, colors like that are eye catching yet versatile
Short coats are ideal when purchasing colored fur, it is more casual and something you can wear for just about any occasion, from going shopping to a night on the town
If you love following the latest trends but you’re shopping on a budget try incorporating colored fur in your accessories
Bright headbands look stunning and fashion forward
Try pairing colorful fur cuffs with a neutral coat or sweater
A pink or purple fur boa scarf will have the attention of everyone around you
These are simple ways to enjoy and look great in colored fur when shopping on a budget
10:47 am on Saturday, July 13th, 2013
Fur is a definite way to keep your head warm all while looking stylish and fashionable but there are so many different types of fur headwear that many people don’t know where to start. What are the benefits of certain types of headwear over others? and what activities call for certain types of headpieces? This guide will give you all the answers you need when it comes to deciding on what type of fur headwear is the best for you.
The fur hat is the most common piece of fur headwear
It drastically increased in popularity within the fashion world over the past couple seasons
Fur hats have been used for centuries to keep people warm in extremely cold temperatures
Perfect to wear when you will be outdoors for long periods of time
Fur hats such as Aviator and Trapper hats are ideal for winter activities such as skating, skiing or snowshoeing just to name a few
A fur hat is by far the warmest of all fur headwear
Heat leaves your body through the top of your head so by wearing a hat you are able to preserve body heat and stay warm
If you have concerns about maintaining a certain hairstyle a fur hat may not be ideal, a fur hat is best when it fits snug but you will most likely end up with hat head once you remove it
Fur headbands are extremely chic and have a certain glamour to them
Perfect for the style conscious woman who loves to be on top of all the latest fashion trends
Fur headbands are offered in a wide variety of natural colored fur as well as colored fur so you can have a headband to go with every outfit in your wardrobe
Perfect for everything from hitting the ski slopes or walking to and from work
The adjustable velcro closure on most headbands makes it less stressful to purchase because you don’t have to worry about finding a specific size, one size fits most so all you need to do is adjust accordingly
Ear Muffs were very popular in the 1980’s but made a major comeback over the last several years
Ideal for keeping your ears warm and eliminating any type of hat head often brought on by wearing hats
Ear Muffs are great for walking outside, whether walking from your parking spot to your office or taking the dog for a walk ear muffs are light but warm
Ear Muffs come in a wide range of furs, from Sheepskin, which are one of the warmest to Fox Fur which is extremely exotic looking, the choices are many
Available in one size so no need to worry about having to select a certain size