8:41 pm on Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
With a wide selection of styles, furs and colors available selecting a fur coat or jacket can seem daunting at times. There is no need to stress however as our selection of fur coats and jackets is sure to have something suited to everyone’s unique style. Available in a wide variety of fur types, styles, features and prices the choice might seem overwhelming at first but once you have read our step by step process in selecting the right jacket or coat you will be insured that you are receiving a piece that you will love for years to come.
Step 1: Selecting a Type of Fur
- When selecting the right style of coat the first thing you want to look at is the type of fur
- Mink fur is one of the most popular furs available and is described as luxurious, plush and lightweight. Mink fur is versatile and can be found in both elegant and casual pieces alike. This type of fur will also last you for many years to come as it is one of the more durable furs.
- Fox fur is considered to be one of the most popular options available when looking at purchasing jackets and coats. Genuine fox fur is long, soft and lustrous so it is no surprise that is one of the more stunning options out there. Fox fur is lightweight, plush and warm making in the ideal choice for any winter wardrobe. Available in a wide range of prices and colors you will be sure to find one that matches your unique style if you decide to go with fox fur
- Rabbit fur is also considered to be a popular fur as it is lightweight, soft, versatile, and affordable. Rabbit fur can be easily dyed, sheared or knitted allowing for a variety of styles to be created. Rabbit fur can be sculpted to create a unique look that resembles a more expensive fur such as chinchilla.
- Raccoon fur is another option available and is sure to keep you warm during the coldest of days. Raccoon fur is soft and fluffy and with a unique color scheme it is sure to stand out in the crowd. Similar to mink fur, raccoon fur is also quite durable when it is cared for properly
- Jackets and coats are also available with beaver, chinchilla and lamb trimming if you are looking for something simple but with an accented collar or cuff
Step 2: Selecting A Style
- After you have chosen a type of fur the next step in your decision process is to select a style of jacket or coat
- When deciding on the style of jacket one of things to consider is where you are planning on wearing the jacket. As some coats are best suited for special occasions while some are more suited for everyday, casual wear. Some jackets are versatile allowing for it to be dressed up or down depending on the situation. So if your looking for a piece that will get the most wear out of it keep an eye those verstatile pieces
- The next step is to decide if you would like to have a more basic style jacket or one with an accented trimmed collar and cuff. Different types of furs have different accents and trims so when deciding on a fur keep a look out for which style of jacket you like for an easier correlation
- Equally important is the length of a particular jacket or coat. There are three common lengths of fur jackets that could play a role in deciding which jacket is perfect for you. If you live in a colder climate than a full length or one the rests above the knees will provide the most warmth. If you live in a cooler climate or is someone who prefers a shorter coat than one that rests just above the waist would be the best choice
- A popular alternative to a fur jacket or coat is a fur vest if your looking for a different look this season but still want to include fur
Step 3: Selecting A Size
- Once you have selected the type of fur and the style, selecting the size is the next step
- Wearing the correct size jacket will ensure that you will love your jacket for years to come
- When selecting a men’s fur jacket refer to the following guide for correct sizing:
- When selecting a women’s fur jacket refer to the following guide for correct sizing:
- When selecting a women’s fur jacket it is equally important to measure your hips, bust and waist in order to determine correct sizing.
Step 4: Selecting a Color
- Now that you have selected the type of fur along with the style and size the next decision needed to be made is the color of the jacket or coat.
- Depending on the style you have chosen there may only be one color available which would eliminate this step, however there is a wide selection of coats available that come in various colors
- Classic colors such as black and white are always popular choices that will give you give you an classic and elegant look when wearing the piece
- Various shades of brown are also available in a variety of jackets if you are looking for something different than basics but still are wanting a traditional look
8:39 pm on Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
Many people may wonder where this soft and silky rabbit fur that keeps us oh so warm and stylish comes from.
We purchase all of our furs from fur auctions around the world, where the majority of which are farmed furs. The rabbit fur used for our apparel originates from farms in Spain.
Rabbit fur, which includes the pelt as well as the shorn hair, is a by-product of rabbit farmed for its meat.
The main breed in the rabbit fur farming industry is the Rex Rabbit. This rabbit was imported into the US in the 1920s after this special breed of rabbit was developed in France in 1919. This recessive mutation was seen in wild rabbits with unique, dense, plush, and velvet-like fur, which makes this type of rabbit fur highly desirable.
Farmed rabbits are fed a balanced diet specific for fur productions and the pelts are harvested when they have reached prime condition.
8:37 pm on Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
With the winter season quickly approaching one of the must have items for any cold climate is a good pair of winter gloves. Choosing the right pair to suit your needs is essential and will ensure that your hands are warm all season long. The first thing you should consider when selecting a pair of gloves is the type of situations will you be using the gloves in. As the gloves you wear while you’re out running errands should be different from the ones you plan to work outside in. With that in mind here are a couple things to understand to ensure that you are choosing the right pair.
Types of Gloves
Mens and womens winter gloves are available in a wide variety of styles and colors
Womens cashmere lined gloves are available with trims in fox fur, finn raccoon, mink, sheared beaver and coyote giving you plenty of choices to stay warm and fashionable this winter.
Fingerless gloves are designed to keep your hands and arms warm. When wearing them simply slip your hand through the thumb hole to hold the glove in place. Wearing these gloves will have you looking stylish while still being functional allowing your fingers to be free for other activities
Shearling sheepskin gloves will keep your hands breathable and warm while being the perfect addition to any winter wardrobe. Shearling sheepskin gloves come in a wide range of exterior finishes allowing for the perfect match to be had.
- Leather gloves are also a great choice when looking at purchasing winter gloves as they provide warmth and flexibility. Deerskin leather gloves are the perfect working pair of leather gloves as they are durable and can withstand wear and tear well.
Benefits of Gloves
On cold days gloves offer the best form of warmth protection while allowing you to continue using your hands with minimal interference
Certain styles of gloves such as fingerless or leather allow for fingers to be minimally restricted allowing for flexibility to be had
Gloves can be both fashionable and warm meaning that you will not have to sacrifice style for practicality
- While you might be looking for gloves for yourself remember that they also make the perfect holiday gift for that special someone
Tips for Buying Leather Gloves
When purchasing leather gloves the glove should be tried on your dominant to determine correct sizing
Leather gloves should have a snug fit to them while still allowing for comfortable movement to be had for fingers and hand
- Know your winter weather climate. If you live in a climate that is typically windy and rainy then a pair of leather cashmere lined gloves would be more appropriate. Where as if you live in a harsh cold and snow environment than a pair of deerskin leather gloves would be a better option as they are the more durable option
12:10 pm on Monday, April 28th, 2014
When it comes to making style statements, Lady Gaga and Rihanna are two that are top of the list. From rebellious to over the top looks, they both always keep their fans on their toes.
Worn in two completely different ways, Mother Monster and Bad Girl RiRi both have been seen rocking an ivory floor length fur coat.
11:23 am on Monday, April 7th, 2014
This year’s Toronto Fashion Week wildly impressed when it came to up and coming fur fashions. Among favorites was Pink Tartan with their collection filled with buffalo check patterns and classic yet bold fur accessories.
These Fur Collars are great because they are detachable and can be added to any look.
This elegant and edgy red Fur Stole is the perfect fur accessory to wear year round. It’s great for bundling up over a coat in the winter, or wearing solely over a summer dress for a chic look.
Full Fur Mittens and Fur Boot Toppers are the easiest fur accessory to wear with anything. Not only will they add a fashionable flare to your outfit, but they are also easily removed and added to your next days look.
Try out one of these fun and furry accessories next season!
12:00 pm on Monday, March 17th, 2014
With the chaos of Fashion Month finally coming to an end, you better bet that we still had time to pick out some of our favorite fur hats seen strutting down the runways. And the verdict is: full fur hats are best!
This Full Crystal Fox Fur Zhivago Pill Box Hat by Badgley Mischka Fall 2014-Winter 2015 is elegant and timeless. Styled with chandelier earrings and a beautiful luxury gown, this hat is the perfect accessory for a special occasion. But don’t let its luxe look fool you. This hat would look great with a simple pea coat, jeans and riding boots for a night out on the town with your family and friends.
You can get the look with our Crystal Fox All Fur Zhivago Pill Box Fur Hat–designer quality at a fraction of the price. This warm hat has a long, lush all genuine fur exterior with an impeccably soft satin lined interior.
This Full Fur Russian Hat by Preen by Thornton Bregazzi Fall 2014-Winter 2015 is edgy and bold. Styled with a long sleek full fur vest and trousers, this hat is the perfect accessory for livening up a stylish yet basic outfit.
Get this look with our exquisitely warm Black Fox Full Fur Russian Hat. The long, lush fox fur exterior extends to the interior of the ear flaps, and has a quilted nylon interior for extra warmth and comfort. With genuine lambskin leather ties, the ear flaps can be secured under the chin or on the top of the hat.
But there is many more where that came from. Check out our full fur hats to jump ahead to next seasons hottest look!
4:18 pm on Monday, March 3rd, 2014
A few weeks ago, everyone’s favorite R&B artist, Usher, made a guest appearance on the hit music show, The Voice. He himself wasn’t the only surprise to the show, but so was his Davy Crockett hat he has been caught wearing on various occasions.
Usher makes a great statement with this hat. Coonskin Caps truly are the perfect combination of fashion and function, revisited from yesteryear.
12:11 pm on Monday, February 24th, 2014
Not only is Rihanna known to be one of the most famous recording artists around, but this actress, and fashion designer, sure does know how to dress herself.
One of her latest posts to Instagram shows her enjoying some cabin time for her birthday–decked out in purple and fur puffed winter wear.
Rihanna shows us that taking wardrobe risks can still be successful when its freezing outside–and in what better way than with fur!
10:00 am on Monday, February 17th, 2014
It would be no surprise to us if the upcoming Fall 2014-Winter 2015 collections were to have a 70′s inspired theme to them, thanks largely in part to the success of the movie American Hustle. Of course our favorite 70′s inspired fashion are the beautiful fur coats. Recently fur has seen a resurgence in the fashion world and society as a whole. This is not only the affect of American Hustle but also from top fashion designers who have incorporated fur into their recent collections.
With the emergence of fur incorporated into everyday wardrobes on the rise why not join the trend yourself with a luxurious fur coat. You are sure to be the center of attention in our Red Fox Fur Jacket with Collar. The perfect addition to any women’s wardrobe who is looking to stay on the cutting edge of fashion.
If Red Fox is not your style no need to worry. Our wide selection of Luxury Fur Coats has something for everyone’s personal style and preference. So why not add a bit of luxury into your wardrobe with a fabulous new fur coat!
12:05 pm on Monday, February 10th, 2014
Known for her bohemian flair, 90210 TV star, Gillian Zinser, easily incorporates fur into her “downtown cool” attire.
This up-and-coming starlet’s eccentric style is often seen as a combination of vintage inspiration with high-fashion highlights.
Whether she’s out for the night mingling at a NYC art exhibition, or is strolling down Melrose on a hot California afternoon, she looks fabulous in fur.
Really, she shows us that fur can look chic with any style of outfit.